The 0.6 milestone has finally been completed, so Publ 0.6.0 is now released!
Changes since v0.5.16:
- Fix some startup bugs around file fingerprint checking
category.tagsuse the most-recently-seen capitalization of any given tag
- Make view tag tests case-insensitive (so tag browsers have a chance of working correctly)
- Add some basic unit tests and coverage analysis
- Fix some bugs which were shaken out by the unit testing (go figure!)
And, since this is a new milestone, what’s improved since v0.5.0? Quite a lot! 237 commits, in fact. Here’s some of the features that stand out to me in the change log:
- Major improvements to entry authentication, both for performance and admin usability
- Tables of contents!
- Improved support for tag browsing, including filter constraints!
- Support for image renditions in arbitrary HTML attributes
- IndieAuth c2s support (groundwork for apps like MicroPub), and a first pass at s2s (for AutoAuth)
- Lots and lots of bug fixes
At this point I feel like Publ is very usable and flexible, and I would love to see more people give it a try. At some point I need to do a documentation push — both improving the quality of the user documentation (it’s gotten to be quite a mess!) and also making this site more of a demo of what Publ can do.
This is something I’d love to get some help with.