Posted Tuesday, May 15 at 5:21 PM (4 years ago)
Today I got two major bits of functionality in: Publ will now asynchronously scan the content index (which speeds up startup and fixes some annoying race conditions with entry creation), and it also asynchronously generates image renditions (which makes pages not take forever to load on first render, and will also use multiple CPU cores if available). Seems to work well so far.
I was running into scaling problems with beesbuzz.biz (what with there being a couple thousand entries and some pages with hundreds of images on it) and this keeps it feeling pretty good.
So, this brings us up to version 0.1.14.
Posted Sunday, May 13 at 11:14 PM (4 years ago)
Two major updates for v0.1.13:
- Rewrote the pagination logic to actually work across category-recursive views, and to support pagination where the
sort order isn’t necessarily the same between renders
- Refactored images so that the template
image() function has access to the tag writer
These changes were made as part of migrating beesbuzz.biz over to Publ, which I’ve made a lot of progress on now.
It’s pretty nice getting my overall design proven out, and to shake out all the little bugs and misfeatures.
Hopefully soon I’ll have Publ in a state where I feel comfortable releasing it as beta.
Posted Saturday, May 12 at 12:35 PM (4 years ago)
I just released v0.1.12 which adds a couple of quick, minor-ish fixes to Unicode handling; in particular:
- UTF-8-containing headers no longer get MIME-mangled on first import
- I finally made the automatic slug text way better by switching to awesome-slugify
So, now it’s no longer US-English-centric, at least. Right now it just uses the defaults; at some point I’ll want to make it so that you can configure a site’s or entry’s language locale so that things work better on that end too.
Posted Thursday, May 10 at 7:06 PM (4 years ago)
I have now implemented the basic OpenGraph API to Publ, so now a template can generate an OpenGraph card with
So in theory when this entry gets autoposted to Twitter, this first paragraph should appear, as should the below image:
Anyway that’s what’s new in v0.1.11 (as well as a bunch of internal refactoring to support this addition).
Posted Wednesday, May 9 at 11:29 PM (4 years ago)
If you are reading this, it means that Publ v0.1.10 is out. This release is mostly about a few cleanups, such as:
- No longer nests a
<div> for an image gallery inside of a containing
<p> (which both fixes an HTML validation error and makes styling more controllable)
- Cleans up error handling somewhat
- Also cleans up a bunch of code for property caching
But there’s also a new feature, namely
view.range, which you can read about over in the API docs.
I am also making significant progress in porting my main website over to Publ and hopefully I’ll
have something to show for it soon. (And I promise it looks way nicer than this site!)
Posted Wednesday, April 25 at 11:28 PM (4 years ago)
Not a lot to say, just that
all my intended image rendition functions work now (historical note: this entry was back when the Publ site included the test suite, which is no longer the case).
I really need to stop dragging my feet on migrating beesbuzz.biz over, because there is
absolutely no excuse now.
Anyway, this ups the Publ version to 0.1.5. Have fun.