In trying to fix what looked like a bug in Pushl (which turned out to be a bug in one of the services I was pinging), I did a bunch of much-needed code cleanup and refactoring.
I also added the ability to ping the Internet Archive Wayback Machine for outgoing links if the target has changed (relative to the usual
Pushl will now also log warnings for two useful situations:
- An outgoing link generates a 400-class error (403/404/410/etc.)
- An outgoing webmention has a different canonical URL than what’s being pinged (improved since v0.2.8)
The way it handles canonical URLs is also now improved; if a page has
<link rel="canonical"> it will use that, otherwise it will use the final URL that is the result of chasing redirects.