Authl v0.5.2 is now out.
- Fixed some caching-related issues on IndieAuth profiles
- The IndieAuth handler now supports PKCE
- IndieAuth takes detection priority over Fediverse
- Authl is now compatible with Flask 2.0
Authl v0.5.2 is now out.
I’ve just released v0.5.1 of Authl. The only functional change is adding support for actually parsing IndieAuth server response profiles (rather than just requesting one and only using the
h-card), now that there’s implementations in the wild, meaning that egg has hatched into a chicken.
There were also some minor documentation cleanups since v0.5.0.
Big new releases for Publ and Authl!
entry.nextto not default to subcategory recursion if a category context is specified
It took me way longer than I should have, but I finally decided to bump the minor version of Publ to 0.7.0.
My original intention was to only do that after getting the unit test coverage up to 90%, then to 80%, then to 50%… but it’s at 45% and that’s Good Enough I guess. I’d still like to get some proper automated testing in place for the bits that are tricky to test but with a system as complex as Publ it’s not particularly clear how to do a lot of that. The main issue is a fundamental mismatch between how the underlying ORM works vs. how unit testing is supposed to work, and I’ve so far been unable to square that circle. But maybe someday I’ll get the test coverage number up where I want it to be.
In any case, the only actual code change since 0.6.14 was some fixes to how page redirection works, especially around private entries.
End-of-the-year updates to Publ, mostly bug/interoperability fixes but a couple of small new features:
example.com/blog/1234-hello-world) now uses permanent redirects
viewnow has a
entry.archive(tag=...), etc.) will normalize the case and order of included tags
Assuming this is stable, this will become the basis of the long-overdue 0.7.0 release.
Just some minor fixes for v0.6.13:
Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve worked on this stuff, huh?
Anyway, IndieAuth validation rules have changed for the better, so Authl has been updated accordingly.
There’s a few other changes as well:
p-pronounis treated as a fallback for
rel="nofollow"in some appropriate places
A mostly-bugfix update:
Path-Mountnow works properly in conjunction with
Path-Aliaset al now support URL-encoded special characters for the path mapping
400 Bad Requesterror instead of a
500 Internal Server Error
Just some cleanups and usability fixes:
Also I forgot to announce v0.6.10, released back on September 1; the changes from v0.6.9 were:
401 Unauthorizedstatus overcome a path alias
Publ 0.6.9 is out and has the following changes:
Path-aliasnow works for all URL paths, and not just ones which happened to match Publ’s routing rules
Important: In the incredibly unlikely event you were using the
token_endpoint function, that has been removed, along with the token endpoint itself.
Some pretty big new features added. First, in Authl:
And in Publ:
<figcaption>instead of ad-hoc
<div>s for its layout, and the overall HTML semantic has been greatly improved
Publ v0.6.7 is out now. Various changes:
Redirect-Urllogic to cut down on the number of page load hops
I’m already regretting some of the decisions I made with the fenced code amendments; in the future it will almost certainly switch to using
<figcaption>, and change some of the other structural bits. Feel free to share your opinions.
There’s also a known issue where the quick-login link (for e.g. Twitter) doesn’t work on pages which are login-required; this is actually an issue with the Authl login template, and has already been fixed in Authl pending the next release.
And speaking of Authl, the online docs are way better now. Hopefully it’s finally in a state where other people will be able to use it!
I’ve just released new versions of Publ and Authl.
Publ v0.6.6 changes:
WWW-Authenticateheaders weren’t being cached properly
Authl v0.4.0 changes:
Publ v0.6.5 is now out. Has the following changes:
The next things I want to work on:
There are several important bugfixes in this as well as one major new feature. Changes since v0.6.3:
Just a few bugfixes:
view.deletedwork correctly on count-based paginations
Just a few changes:
webmention.js now supports changing the sort criterion and order of responses, and defaults to publication (rather than receipt) time.
This was mostly to improve the presentation of responses received via brid.gy, particularly from Twitter.
This is a new version of Publ. The main change is how deletions (using
<del>HTML</del> <s>tags</s>) get converted to plaintext — namely they get removed, to make it make more visible sense.
Doing this also led to refactoring the internal
strip_html function to provide a bit more flexibility, so now it’s now available as a Jinja2 template filter.
I also removed a couple of troublesome micro-optimizations that were causing more trouble than they were worth.