Welcome to the website for Publ, a flexible, lightweight system for website content management.
Publ is like a static site generator, but dynamic.
It is designed with the following principles in mind:
- Publish to the web simply by adding content files to your file system
- Rich support for adaptive templates that fit your content, not the other way around
- High-quality image renditions, including support for high-DPI (“Retina”) displays
- Interoperate with other simple tools for an optimal IndieWeb experience
- Allow fine-grained control over post privacy (both hidden/unlisted and login-required)
Want to know more? See the FAQ.
This software (and this site!) is still in active development. While you’re here, maybe you’d like to check out the documentation or the development blog.
Here are some sites using Publ as their CMS. If you would like your site to be featured, please email me and I’ll take a look.
- busybee – Contains very heterogenous content including photo galleries, webcomics, and blog-type content in varying presentations.
- Mullins Molecular Retrovirology Lab – An academic research lab which uses Publ to disseminate research materials
- Novembeat – An annual song-a-day challenge